GL Enhances Voice Quality Testing Software
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - Apr 28, 2020- GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, addressed the press regarding their latest update to their Voice Quality Testing solution.
Speaking to the press Mr. Robert Bichefsky, Director of Engineering at GL Communications, highlighted the important features added to the VQuad™ software version 10.3 release.
The enhanced VQuad™ features are
- VQuad™ CLI (both Windows® and Linux) are updated with Audio analysis features to test doubletalk, dropouts (voice gap), recorded voice files analysis, P56 analysis, line current and voltage.
- The new Calibration function allows the user to adjust the Outbound Audio from Near side of the call while viewing the Level at the Far-end of the call. This method of calibration is better suited in that the Outbound volume is only adjusted.
- Add delay at both near-end and far-end for RTD (Round Trip Delay) testing 4-Wire (Mobile and Balanced I/O devices) supporting - 500ms for 8000 sampling, 100ms for 16000 sampling, 125ms for 48000 sampling.
- Speech-to-Text analysis feature within VQuad™ is enhanced to include file length as part of the returned metrics.
- Automatic sorting of all the connected Dual UTA HD devices as per the serial number for easier configuration of the devices. The configurations are saved to the database (including SN and Port Number). This enhancement prevents issues when starting up VQuad™ when multiple Dual UTA HD devices are connected.