Gateway/Router Performance Measurements
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – January 3, 2019 - GL Communications Inc. a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, announced today its insight into the new analysis tools for gateway/router performance measurements, including Delay Measurement, Voice Quality (VQT) Analysis , and Voice Band Events (VBA).
Speaking to the press, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni CEO of the GL Communications Inc said, “Signalling and voice that traverse through various network elements including gateways, routers, and switches may suffer impairments in voice delay, voice quality, signalling delay, and congestion. Performance measurement tools can help quantify the degradation whether occurring in individual elements or in the end to end path.”
“The traffic which traverses through a Router/Gateway can be captured at both TDM and IP interfaces simultaneously (synchronized to a common clock) and stored in a common codec format e.g. *.pcm. These captured voice segments can be further processed using GL's Delay and Voice analysis applications.”
He further added, “GL’s NetSurveyorWeb™ Lite
an integrated and simplified web-based system works with GL’s TDM/IP Protocol Analyzers, Voice Band Analyzer, and Delay Measurement tools to analyze captured voice traffic and provide precise voice and one-way delay metrics.”
GL’s important applications for Delay and Voice analysis
Delay measurement module compares the samples based on the timestamp and provides the delay metrics such as One-Way Delay (OWD), Round Trip Delay (RTD), Post Dial Delay (PDD), Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR).
- Voice Quality Analysis (VQT) supports analysis of these captured segments using POLQA/PESQ algorithm providing MOS, E-Model, Signal Level, Noise Level, and Jitter metrics.
- Real-time Voice-band Analyzer (VBA) supports analysis of captured voice band traffic and provides statistics such as Active Speech Level, Activity Factor, RMS Factor, DC Level, Noise Level, Echo Return Loss, Echo Delay, and Echo Dispersion.
- Reports important protocol signaling information
- Remote monitoring capability using GL's Network Surveillance System
- Provides various Signaling Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) such as Call Success Ratio, Failure Calls, Call Failure Cause, Setup Duration, and Billing Duration (TDM)
- Provides Voice Quality KPIs based on Voice Quality (MOS, R-Factor), Delay Measurements (RTD, OWD), and speech Metrics
- Provide accurate One-way delay measurements
- Speech Metrics (Active Speech Level, Activity Factor, Noise Level, DC, RMS)
- Capture SS7 calls on multiple T1 E1 trunks using a signalling link on a different physical trunk than the telephony circuits
Back to Press Releases Index Page