GL Enhances Message Automation and Protocol Simulation Test Tool
GL announces its latest release to its popular MAPS™ (Message Automation and Protocol Simulation) software platform, version 20.5.14
MAPS™ is a protocol simulation and conformance test tool that simulates many protocols such as VoIP/IP, TDM, analog and wireless all within a single framework. This tool covers solutions for both protocol simulation and protocol analysis along with automation capability. The application gives users the unlimited ability to edit messages and control scenarios.
MAPS™ works on both TDM and IP interfaces. The signaling protocols are SS7, ISDN, MLPPP, CAS, MAP, CAP, GSM, BICC, SIP, SIP-I, MEGACO, MGCP, SIGTRAN, Diameter, and INAP.
MAPS™ also supports 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G & IMS mobile protocol standards for testing rapidly evolving wireless technologies.
Enhanced MAPS™ Features
- Enhancements to MAPS™ Command Line Interface (CLI)
- MAPS™ supports CLI for Python and Java to provide the capability to remotely operate and automate the test
- Python APIs now support both Python version 2 and 3
- Python APIs now support load generation and call statistics
- Create custom reports for every call
- Supports LTE conformance tool which supports more than 50 test cases to test S1AP procedures
- ISUP, MAP, Camel and INAP, and ANSI INAP now support over ATM transport
- MAPS™ MAP enhanced to support MAP V1 version
- Support for ANSI INAP protocol in TDM
- Supports Interactive Voice Response testing capability in SIP and CAS Protocol
MAPS™ SIP Protocol Enhancements
- New Python APIs support modifying SDP attributes for SIP Messages in run-time
- New Python APIs to insert and remove SIP headers in run-time
- Python APIs now support MSRP sessions
Other Important Features
- Flexible framework facilitates validation of any node functionality of any network element
- Customize any protocol IE's according to 3GPP standards
- Easily setup a test scenario within the lab environment
- Test any element before deployment
- Supports both functional and performance testing
- Easy to use GUI and integration with Python and Java
- Simulate negative test scenarios by impairing messages and call flows
- Script based architecture allows customization of test scenarios
- High density user plane traffic generation in any network capability
- Centralized Control and Remote Access with CLIs / APIs
For comprehensive information, please visit our MAPS™ web page.