Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for Protocol Simulation
Welcome to the latest issue of GL's Newsletter providing insight into our scripting and automation capabilities for protocol simulation. The API capability has wide ranging applications for signaling and traffic simulation over IP, Wireless, TDM and Analog networks.
GL’s Signaling and Traffic Emulation test suite, commonly referred to as Message Automation and Protocol Simulation (MAPS™), provides a unique programmable, highly flexible, script based, multi-protocol, multi-interface emulation framework and makes it easy to perform cross-domain testing and transition tests to new technologies.
MAPS™ can be configured as server-side application, to enable remote controlling through multiple command-line based clients which include Python and Java. Python is supported over all protocols as a standard and Java over limited protocols.
The MAPS™ APIs allow programmatic and automated control over all MAPS™ platforms. Each MAPS™ server can receive multiple client connections and offer independent execution to each client. Likewise, a single client can connect to multiple MAPS™ servers, including servers running different protocols, permitting complex cross-protocol test cases.
The MAPS™ application provides access to signaling and traffic simulation functionalities as listed below.
- Functional regression testing
- Long duration, high volume performance/load testing
- Protocol conformance testing
- Negative testing
- Interactive Voice Response traversal
- Interoperability testing
- Voice Quality testing
Wide variety of protocols are supported across TDM, VoIP, Wireless, Analog networks.
- Wireless Network – 5G, 4G, 3G, 2G over IP
- 5G N1N2, N4 (binary based), N8, N10, N11, N12, N13, N17, N20, N21, N22, N29, N51 (service based) interfaces
- Long Term Evolution (LTE) S1, S3, S4, S5, S8, S10, S11, S16, X2 AP, SLs Location Service (LCS) interfaces
- Diameter protocol simulation (S6a, S6d, S13, Cx/Dx, Gx, and Rx interfaces)
- UMTS IuCS, IuPS, IuPC (LCS), Gn Gp interfaces
- GSM A over IP, GSM Lb (LCS) interfaces
- INAP IP (ANSI, ITU), BICC IP, SS7/ISDN SIGTRAN, MAP IP, CAP over IP
- VoIP Network
- SIP, MEGACO, MGCP, SIP I (SIP ISUP), ED-137 (Air Traffic Management)
- IP Multimedia Services (IMS)
- TDM/PSTN Network
- ISDN, SS7 (ISUP), CAS, MC-MLPPP
- GSM A, Mobile Application Part (MAP), INAP (ANSI, ITU), CAMEL Application Part (CAP)
- FXO FXS, High-Capacity Analog Phone Simulation
- MAPS™ Command Line Interface (CLI) offers complete Lab Management, Device Provisioning and Test Automation solutions
- A unified solution for advanced testing with intuitive drag and drop user interface
- Tests can easily be executed over multiple test stations and at distributed testing labs
- Support for a wide range of test setups, interfaces, protocols, and script languages. Examples include CAS and SIP Test Systems that permit automated testing of network devices
- MAPS™ CLI streamlines both the source script and the output by executing only user requested messages
- Simultaneous bulk call capability
- Multiple MAPS™ CLI servers can be controlled remotely from single client application