High Density RTP
MAPS™ HD RTP
MAPS™ (Message Automation and Protocol Simulation) is GL’s standard framework for emulation of IP, TDM, and Wireless protocols.
MAPS™ HD RTP (PKS109) is an advanced bulk call generator used to simulate high volume calls with traffic. It is available as special purpose rackmount network appliance with 4x1GigE NIC capable of high call intensity (hundreds of calls/sec) and high volume of sustained calls (tens of thousands of simultaneous calls/platform).
The network appliance performs signaling and traffic generation for a vast array of communication protocols covering IP and Wireless networks. It supports simulation of SIP, IMS SIP UE, GSM A, BICC, MGCP, H.248/Megaco, and provides non-reference based voice quality using E-model (R-factor) and MOS with five mapping scales.
MAPS™ HD network appliance is designed to easily achieve up to 20,000 endpoints per appliance (5000 per port). Using a stack of multiple servers, a larger test system with 100K-200K calls (all controlled from a single Master Controller.) is achievable for enterprise to carrier grade testing.
The network appliance provides a modular and flexible solution to generate real voice calls using industry standard voice codecs such as G.711 A/µ-law, G.722, G.722.2 (AMR-WB), G.722.1, G.726, G.729A/B, GSM (EFR, FR and HR), AMR (Narrowband and Wideband), EVRC, EVRCB, EVRC-C, iLBC, Speex, SpeexWB, RFC 2833, and user-defined codecs for voice and tones.
GL also provides PacketScan™ HD (PKV120) for High Density IP Traffic Analysis w/ 4x1GigE Network Monitoring and PacketScan™ FB (PKV121), a File Based IP Traffic Analyzer Server for near real-time processing of traces.
MAPS™ HD Characteristics :
- Transport over UDP and TCP, IPv4 and IPv6, and TLS for secure transport
- Unique endpoint emulation using IP address, MAC address, and VLAN tagging
- Easily achieve up to 20,000 endpoints per appliance (5000 per port)
- Up to 350 calls per second (with RTP traffic)
- Scales to around 50,000 to 100,000 endpoints with use of Master Controller for single point of control
- Manage 10+ MAPS™ systems with single point of control from Master Controller
- Simulate various traffic conditions to measure the performance and capability of an IP network element
- Simulate complete protocol state machine to troubleshoot the network issues
- Powerful Load Generation, Scheduler, and Command Line Interface (CLI) for automation, remote control, and load testing
- Configurations, test scripts, and profiles can be saved and reused on a different systems
- Easy-to-use MAPS™ scripting interface (UI) for test scripts to be created
- User can modify any signaling messages, message parameters, and/or information elements.
- User can also add, modify or remove any optional parameter depending on specific feature of interest.
- Packet level fault insertion can be performed by impairing any bit / byte of a message.
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of registration and call statistics
- Statistics can be viewed on any pair of endpoints
- Export data to other applications for customized user report