Press Release : GL Announces
Comprehensive Ethernet and IP Test Solutions
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – December 8, 2014 - GL Communications Inc., announced today
the release of comprehensive Ethernet and IP Test Solutions using its industry leading PacketExpert™ product.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said, “GL's PacketExpert™ is a comprehensive portable (USB based) Quad Port Ethernet Tester with 4 Electrical Ethernet ports. 2 of the 4 ports can be Electrical or Optical, enabling testing on optical fiber links as well. The electrical ports support 10/100/1000 Mbps and the optical ports support 1000 Mbps using Small form-factor pluggable (SFP) Transceiver.
High Density (HD) - PacketExpert™offers higher densities from 12/24 GigE Ports form factor solution for testing GigE switches, routers and network conditions. The chassis comprises of both electrical and optical (fiber) interfaces.”
He added, “With the capability to generate/receive traffic with stacked VLAN (Q-in-Q) and stacked MPLS, PacketExpert™ finds use in testing a wide range of networks – from testing individual links/switches, testing local Ethernet/IP networks (LAN), end to end testing of Wide Area Networks (WAN), testing Core/MPLS networks, and much more.”
Mr. Vadalia further explained, “Each GigE port provides independent Ethernet /VLAN/MPLS/IP/UDP testing at wire speed for applications such as Wirespeed BERT, and Smart Loopback.
The PacketExpert™ supports all RFC 2544 Tests for the performance benchmarking of individual network elements. These include Throughput, Latency, Frame Loss, and Back-to-Back tests. Similar to BERT, RFC 2544 can be done over Framed Ethernet (Layer2), Stacked VLAN (Q-in-Q), Stacked MPLS, IP and UDP.
Live packet network can be captured and played back using the PacketExpert™ Record-Playback to simulate the varying characteristics of the real-time network in a test environment.
The PacketExpert™ with IPLinkSim™ feature emulates a bidirectional IP WAN link with varying capacities from 10 Mbps to 1 Gbps for the electrical interfaces, and 1000 Mbps for the optical interface using SFP.
The PacketExpert™ with the new ExpertSAM™ application is used to validate service-level agreements (SLAs) as per ITU-T Y.1564 standard with a single-test.“
Some of the Important IPLinkSim™ Features
- Easy- to-use portable hardware based WAN Link Emulator
- Emulates 1 WAN Link per PacketExpert™ unit
- Each PacketExpert™ unit supports dual electrical or optical interfaces per unit, with electrical ports supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps and optical ports supporting 1000 Mbps using SFP
- Configure as a bridge for easy integration with any test configuration
- Emulates dynamically changing WAN conditions like link outages, variable bandwidths links, route flapping, satellite rain fade, and wireless interference with high-flexibility
- Monitor WAN traffic conditions with visual display of the traffic conditions, including throughput graphs, and link statistics
Some of the Important ExpertSAM™ Features
- Complete validation of SLAs in a single test
- Supports SCT and SPT in compliance with ITU-T Y.1564 standard
- Supports multiple services (up to 12 services) with varying performance requirements that meets full load conditions
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like Information Rate (IR) or Throughput, Frame Loss Ratio (FLR), Frame Transfer Delay (FTD) or Latency, and Frame Delay Variation (FDV) or Jitter, measured simultaneously for multi streams, and Pass/Fail verdict declared
- Capability to generate traffic at throughput of CIR (guaranteed traffic), EIR (best effort bandwidth) and Traffic Policing rates (dropped bandwidth) ensuring KPI validation
Back to Press Releases Index Page