GL Communications IT Consulting Services
Welcome to another GL Communications' newsletter providing information about GL’s Information Technology (IT) consulting services.
Our expertise covers the entire OSI model from infrastructure design and installation up to application configuration and management. Our team includes engineers, developers, scientists, and project managers. Our customer base includes large internet and wireless service providers, equipment manufacturers, defense contractors, research laboratories, and universities worldwide.
GL’s vast skill set includes the following:
- Copper and Fiber cabling: Design, installation, maintenance, inspection, testing, validation IV&V
- Switches and Routers: Installation, configuration, design, and load testing
- Voice over IP: Installation, testing, monitoring, configuration
- Microsoft Windows: OS installation, configuration, Windows Server and Active Directory management, file sharing, patching and updates, Windows Secure Host Baseline
- Linux: Debian application development, installation, configuration
- PC hardware setup and assembly, printers, Keyboard Video Mouse systems, remote access management, uninterruptible power supplies, server racks
- Network Setup: Virtual Private Networks, network segmentation, Network Address Translation, IPv4 and IPv6, Virtual Local Area Networks, wireless networks, GigE, and large infrastructure fiber-based Wide Area Networks with ruggedized networking equipment for harsh environments such as underground railroads, railyards and bus depots
- Wireless testing: Signal strength, voice quality, drive testing, in-building testing as well as cellular coverage comparison and verification
- Digital Displays, Passenger Information Display System, Customer Information Systems using LED Signs
- Physical security: Access Control, Card readers, Video Management System, CCTV design, testing, and inspection
- Company-specific hardware: CISCO, Juniper, Sonicwall, Oracle, Microsoft, Polycom, Digium, Dell, and more
GL is also a certified small business and a minority-owned business and can help large prime contractors satisfy their SBE and MBE requirements in the USA.
GL’s services can be utilized at a daily or even hourly rate, or on a project basis. GL can often incorporate its own products into its services (often free of charge). GL’s cost-effectiveness, flexibility, and unmatched expertise is why so many customers chose GL to solve their toughest telecom and IT challenges.