Press Release: GL Announces Enhanced PacketScanWeb™ - Ver 2.9.1
Centralized VoIP Monitoring System
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - August 14, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its enhanced PacketScanWeb™ system - A Centralized IP and VoIP network monitoring system.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni CEO of the company said, “PacketScanWeb™ is a centralized IP and VoIP network monitoring system. PacketScanWeb™ server is deployed in a central location along with an Oracle® database. A number of GL's PacketScan™ probes and/or GL's PacketProbes™ are deployed in remote locations across the network to passively monitor VoIP traffic. Whenever a monitored call completes, the scan/probe calculates a variety of quality metrics (MOS, loss, delay, jitter, etc) and sends the metrics to the central Oracle database for storage. This data can then be accessed in real time from anywhere in the world through any standard web browser. In addition to viewing real time data, PacketScanWeb™ can also custom filter historical data and generate various reports and graphs that summarize overall network health.”
He added, “PacketScan™ is a powerful software tool that captures and monitors live IP (version 4 and 6), VOIP and IP based Video traffic. It segregates, captures, monitors and collects statistics on VOIP calls:SIP, H323, MEGACO, MGCP, T.38 and video calls. In addition to calculating call quality metrics like MOS, R - Factor and so on, PacketScan™ also captures signaling information and sends that to the PacketScanWeb™ database. PacketProbe™ is a lightweight Linux based tool that only operates on SIP or raw RTP.”
Mr. Kulkarni further added, “The key benefits of PacketScanWeb™ are its ability to identify and analyze network trends using Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and automatically alert users when "Calls of Interest" occur. And helps in customized filtering for fraud detection, quality of service monitoring, and protocol error indications and also provide comprehensive analysis from overall network health to detailed protocol monitoring. And also provides a feature for flexible report generation.”
Important New Features for PacketScanWeb™
- Customize Filters: User can filter calls based on parameters such as MOS and R-Factor to learn the voice quality, and also can filter different VOIP calls based on Protocol Type:1 for SIP, 7 for H323 and 3 for RTP and other parameters like Called/Calling Number, Probe, Payload, Duration etc.
- Apply single or multiple filters for data analysis; use logical operators between filters
- Set alarm conditions and generate alerts of different types like email alert, visual alert, audible alert, or even log into tables for future analysis.
- Ability to send email alerts on scheduled time based on user - defined alarm conditions
- Ability to customize column views with sorting capabilities for call detail records.
- Navigate through records, and filter the collected traffic summary
- Easy navigation of records to display Previous or Next Hour, Day, Month, Year through navigation tool
- Reports are displayed both in tabular and graphical formats; customize reports and graphs based on SQL queries.
- Graphs provided for Answered calls Vs Failed calls, Call duration, MOS score (conversational and listening), Average Packet Loss, Call Failure Cause (i,e Unknown number, Busy, Unanswered, Client Errors, Server Errors, Global Errors), Session Request Delay (SRD) for successful and unsuccessful calls with an option to switch between Bar or Pie chart.
- Ability to filter and view the records in CDR from graphical reports by just clicking on links provided
- Ability to export generated graphical and tabular reports to PDF file
- Export the call detail records - Ability to export CDR displayed based on time filter or record index as PDF.
- Ability to generate consolidated report based on date/time filter viz., hourly, daily, monthly, yearly.
For comprehensive information on the application, please visit
PacketScanWeb™ web page.
About GL Communications Inc
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM,
Wireless, IP and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture,
storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GLís TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, OC-12, STM-1, STM-4, analog four-wire,
and analog two-wire interface cards, external portable pods, and complete system solutions. Capabilities include voiceband
traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones, fax, modem), all protocols (ISDN, SS7, GR-303,
Frame Relay, HDLC, V5.X, ATM, GSM, GPRS, LTE, etc.), and with capacities up to thousands of channels. Our newest products
provide astonishing capacity and capture capability up to and including gigabit speeds.
GLís VoIP and IP products generate / analyze thousands of calls and traffic simultaneously with traffic types such as
frames, packets, voice files, digits, video, tones, noise, and fax. Almost all codecs are supported including G.711, G.729,
AMR, EVRC-A,B,C, GSM, iSAC, and many more. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, and recording.
The product line also includes Ethernet / IP Testing capability that simulates and checks frame transport and throughput
parameters of Ethernet and IP networks, including delay, errors and other impairments.
GL's Voice Quality Testing (VQT) product line complements all of GL's products. Using ITU-standard algorithms (PAMS,
PSQM, and PESQ), GL's VQT provides a widely accepted solution for assessing voice quality in the telecom industry. Voice
Quality Testing across multiple networks (T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, OC-12, VoIP, Wireless, and Landline) are all available.
GLís Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA, UMTS, and LTE
networks. Connections can be made to any wireless phone with automated call control, GPS mapping and real-time signal
GLís Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including line and acoustic
echo. GLís compliance testing per G.168. G.167 and P.340 across TDM, IP, VoIP and Wireless networks is widely accepted
in the industry.
GLís wireless VQT solutions help assessing impairments to voice quality such as poor mobile phone quality, voice
compression and decompression algorithms, delay, loss and gain in speech levels, noise, acoustic and landline echo, and
other distortions are easily assessed and accurately measured.
GLís Handheld data testers can test a wide variety of communications facilities and equipment including T1, fractional
T1, E1, fractional E1, T3 and E3 modems, multiplexers, CSU, DSUs, T1 CSUs, DTUs, NTUs and TIUs and more. The testers
provide convenience, economy, and portability for almost any interface, including RS232, RS-422, RS-530, X.21, T1, E1,
T3, E3, and many others.
GLís Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, IP, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks. An
open standards based approach provides a scalable, feature rich, real-time access to network characteristics. Centralized
or distributed access, efficient transport and database loading allow compatibility with 3rd party and standards based
For more information about GL's complete line of products,
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114