Press Release: GL Announces MC-MLPPP Conformance Tester
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - October 29, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its latest MC-MLPPP Conformance Tester software.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia Senior Manager for product development of the company said, "GL's MAPS™ (Message Automation and Protocol Simulation) platform is a general purpose Protocol Emulator for various protocols encountered in the telecom space. MC-MLPPP is one such advanced protocol simulator/tester for Multi Class, Multi Link, PPP protocols over TDM (T1 E1). The tester can simulate a complete PPP or MLPPP link between two peers, with MLPPP signaling conforming to IETF specifications."
He added, "MAPS™ MLPPP supports testing network elements, error tracking, regression testing, conformance testing, and load testing/call generation. The test tool can run pre-defined test scenarios against MLPPP test objects in a controlled & deterministic manner. The test tool also incorporates the flexibility to modify call parameters & message contents (arbitrary manipulation of messages, information elements and message sequence on the different protocols)."
Mr. Vadalia further added, "MAPS™ MLPPP conformance scripts are suitable for conformance tests and functional tests, where test objects can be accurately, reliably and comfortably validated for compliance with IETF standard. It is suitable for manufacturers, network operators and service providers to address all stages of the development cycle, regression testing through to type approval, acceptance testing."
- Performs MC-MLPPP as well as PPP simulation over TDM (T1/E1)
- Supports LCP with the following negotiation options.
- PPP options: MRU (Maximum Receive Unit), ACFC (Address and Control Field Compression), PFC (Protocol Field Compression), and Magic Number.
- MLPPP Options: MRRU (Maximum Received Reconstructed Unit), Short Sequence Number Format, Long sequence header format, Endpoint Discrimination, and Multi-class option.
- Multi-Class Options: Multilink Header Format.
- Supports the following NCPs -
- IPCP - RFC 1332 (The PPP Internet Protocol Control Protocol) and RFC 1877 (PPP Internet Protocol Control Protocol Extensions for Name Server Addresses) standards.
- PPPMuxCP - RFC 3153 (PPP Network Control Protocol for PPP Multiplexing) standard.
- Supports IP compression negotiation option conforming to RFC 3544.
- Supports full or fractional timeslots for PPP Link.
- Ideal solution for automated testing using command line scripts.
- Supports customization of call flows and message templates using Script editor and Message editor.
- Scripted call generation and automated call reception.
- Provides protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of call flow with time stamp
- Script based & protocol independent software architecture
- Provides call statistics with associated captured events and error events during call simulation
For more information about GL's complete line of products,
Back to Press Releases Index Page
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114