Press Release: GL Announces MAPS™ Gn Gp Interface Emulator
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - December 10, 2012- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its latest MAPS™ Gn Gp Interface Emulator software. Speaking to reporters, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia Senior Manager for product development of the company said, "GL's MAPS™ Gn Gp Interface Emulator is an advanced protocol simulator/tester for SGSN & GGSN simulation over Gn, Gp interfaces that can simulate GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP) signaling & Mobile application traffic as defined in 3GPP TS 29.060. The tester supports functional testing, error tracking, regression testing, and load testing/call generation. It can run pre-defined test scenarios against GTP interface test objects in a controlled & deterministic manner."
He added, "MAPS™ Gn Gp Interface Emulator supports powerful utilities like Message Editor, Script Editor, and Profile Editor which allow new scenarios to be created or existing scenarios to be modified using GTP messages and parameters."
Mr. Vadalia added, "GL's MAPS™ Gn Gp Interface Emulator benefits Network Equipment Providers of SGSN, and GGSN entities, with an accelerated time to market, reduced development costs, and reduced project risk of internally-developed GTP applications.
- Simulates SGSN and GGSN.
- Supports GTP Control plane.
- Generates hundreds of Control Signaling (Load Testing).
- Generates and processes GTP messages.
- Supports GTP Traffic (GTP User Plane Data) which includes: verification like BERT testing, HTTP traffic generation capability, GGSN can actually be connected to real IP network to simulate Gateway testing
- Insertion of impairments to create invalid messages.
- Supports customization of call flows and message templates using Script and Message editors.
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception.
- Script based & protocol independent software architecture.
- Provides Call Statistics and Events Status
- Provides fault insertion, and erroneous call flows testing capability
- Functional testing, Regression testing and Conformance testing of network elements
- Ready scripts makes testing procedure simpler, less time consuming and hence time to market products
- QoS requests for greater or lesser bandwidth.
Back to Press Releases Index Page