Press Release: GL Announces Support for DS3 Subrate and Scrambling
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - January 18, 2013- GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its enhanced T3 (DS3) E3 Analyzer with DS3 Subrate and Scrambling feature
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni CEO of the company said, "GL's T3 (DS3) E3 Analyzer Pod is one of the smallest and lightest (weighing only 1.75 lbs) analyzer units in the world. The pod when connected to Notebook PC is capable of capturing two full T3 (DS3) / E3 data streams, dropping and inserting T1 or E1, and Analysis of HDLC, ATM, Frame Relay, and PPP Protocols."
He added, "GL's T3 (DS3) E3 Analyzer is now enhanced with scrambling and subrate features. Sub rate allows DSU manufacturers to control bandwidth from service provider end and sell user specific bandwidth. Data Service Unit (DSU) Subrate feature in T3 (DS3) E3 Analyzer allows to configure the DS3 networks for the following DSU vendors' algorithms for T3 interface: Digital Link, Larscom, Verilink, and Adtran."
Mr.Kulkarni further added, "The analyzer allows to choose scrambling in each DSU mode. Scrambling was implemented to address various 0s-density when used in WAN interface. User can monitor such communications using GL's USB T3 E3 Analyzer."
The below diagram illustrates subrate and scrambling implementation over DS3 lines.
- After the data is descrambled, the data descrambler block is used to descramble incoming data using a configured polynomial.
- The scrambler can be turned off for data not using descrambling.
- This block uses a normal descrambling serial polynomial which can be configured for multiple polynomials
- The Data filter uses a multi-framed aligned block RAM which is used to enable or disable the incoming data.
- By enabling or disabling the incoming data, software can configure the incoming data to support the different DS3 DSU vendor subrates
- Some Vendors only support scrambled data of the subrate. The unused payload is left unscrambled.
- This block descrambles the data using a similar polynomial descrambler as the first descrambler block but only on the incoming filtered bandwidth data.
Other Features of T3 (DS3) E3 Analyzer:
- One of the smallest and lightest T3 (DS3) /E3 analysis platforms with dual data stream capture capability.
- Multiple interfaces for analysis (T3 (DS3) /E3, T1/E1 and Ethernet) and control (USB and Ethernet) to support a wide array of testing scenarios
- Plug and play through USB 2.0 control interface.
- Software selectable T3 (DS3) / E3 interface along with T1 (DS1) and E1 Drop and Insert.
- Dual T3/E3 Receivers and Transmitters for non-intrusive and intrusive testing of both eastbound and westbound signals at the same time.
- General T3 (DS3) /E3 signal testing capabilities
- Channelized (Structured) Testing
- Unchannelized (Unstructured) Testing
- Simultaneously record / playback the entire T3 (DS3) /E3 in framed or unframed modes up to hard disk capacity.
- Flexible clocking - internal, recovered (from T3 (DS3) /E3, T1 (DS1) or E1) and external.
- Scripting and Automation through GL's well-known Windows Client Server (WCS) approach.
- Monitor / Manage the Analyzer remotely via Ethernet port (future enhancement).
For comprehensive understanding of the product, please visit DS3 Subrate and Scrambling web page.
Back to Press Releases Index Page