T1/E1 Single or Dual Multiport Repeater
Front view of Dual T1 Multiport Repeater (RJ-45 Version)
Rear view of Dual T1 Multiport Repeater (RJ-45 Version)
Multiport Repeaters are used to generate multiple identical T1/E1 outputs for each T1/E1 input, thus increasing the range of
transmission of T1/E1 signals. A single/ dual Multiport Repeater can be used for the following purposes:
- To generate multiple identical T1/ E1 outputs for each T1/ E1 input
- To test and load multiple T1/ E1 interfaces simultaneously
- For broadcast applications and traffic generation and simulation
- To preserve the strength of the signal and extend the distance over which the signal representing the data can be transmitted
The single bantam version provides ten identical outputs from a single T1/ E1 input. The single RJ45 version provides twelve
identical outputs from a single T1/ E1 input. The dual version provides four outputs for each of the two inputs. The device is also
useful in lab environments for load testing and signal duplication purposes. The output signals are regenerated versions of the input
signal(s), that is, the input signal is detected via a data and clock detector circuit and regenerated at the output with identical line coding.
Common Features of Single/ Dual Multiport Repeaters
- The input and output connections are through standard bantam or RJ 45 jacks.
- Inputs and outputs are compatible with CCITT G.703.
- Units operate on a voltage of 7-12 V DC and draw a current of upto 1000 mA.
- T1 and E1 signals are terminated at 100 Ohms or 120 Ohms respectively.
- The repeater permits output drive for line lengths up to 655 feet.
- The T1 Multiport Repeater and E1 Multiport Repeater are available as separate units.
- LEDs are provided to indicate the presence or absence of input signals and power.
- Provides Terminate, Bridge and Monitor mode of operations.
Dual Multiport Repeater Input Features
Provides two independent sections of logic that repeat and multiply input T1/ E1 signals; each input is repeated 4 times at the
output. For each section, the input termination is 100 Ohms(T1)/120 Ohms(E1) balanced (bantam or RJ45) through a front panel switch.
Dual Multiport Repeater Output Features
- Each section has four outputs: two outputs are each output is 100 Ohms(T1)/120 Ohms(E1) balanced (bantam or RJ 45).
- The output of one section can be fed to the input of the second section, thereby providing seven identical outputs consisting of
seven (7) bantam or RJ45 outputs.
Single Multiport Repeater Input Features
Terminate and Monitor Input:
DSX level E1 signal is terminated at 120 Ohms
DSX level T1 signal is terminated at 100 Ohms
DSX level T1/E1 signal is terminated at > 1000 Ohms
Single Multiport Repeater Output Features
- A single Multiport Repeater contains ten or twelve identical output ports.
- The input T1/ E1 signal is regenerated and provided at the ten or twelve output ports.
Dimensions of Dual Multiport Repeater (2 x 4): 5.5" x 5.5" x 1.5"
Dimensions of Single Multiport Repeater (1 x 10):
6.5" x 5.5" x 1.5"
Power Supply Features
The required input voltage to the T1/ E1 Multiport Repeater is 9V DC. Please use the supplied AC/DC adapter for 120V (or 220V)
AC power supply. The output of the adapter is 9V DC. The current drawn is 500 mA.
The T1/ E1 Multiport Repeater has 12 LEDs on the front panel.
- The first LED (next to the input bantam jacks) indicates the input signal status. This LED turns on when a valid T1/ E1 input signal
- LEDs from 2nd to 11th indicate the output signal status. These LEDs are lit if there is a valid output signal.
- The last LED indicates the input power status. This LED is lit when the power to the repeater is switched on.
Layout of Dual E1 Multiport
Please Note: The XX in the Item No. refers to the hardware platform, listed at the bottom of the Buyer's Guide, which
the software will be running on. Therefore, XX can either be ETA or EEA (Octal/Quad Boards), PTA or PEA (tProbe Units),
UTA or UEA (USB Units), HUT or HUE (Universal Cards), and HDT or HDE (HD cards) depending upon the hardware.
||T1 Multiport Repeater 1:12 T1 Repetition
||E1 Multiport Repeater 1: 12 E1 Repetition
||Dual T1 Multiport Repeater 2X1:4 T1 Repetition
||Dual E1 Multiport Repeater 2X1:4 E1 Repetition
All units are available in RJ-45 or Bantam interfaces
* Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
Back to Hardware Platforms Index Page