Press Release: Interconnect User Part (IUP) Protocol Simulation
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - September 15, 2014 - GL Communications Inc., announced today its latest product – simulation of UK specific SS7 Interconnect User Part (IUP) Protocol over TDM networks, referred to as MAPS™ IUP Protocol Simulator.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Karthik Ramalingam, Senior Manager for Product Development of the company said, “The SS7 (C7) IUP is UK national standard protocol used to interconnect two Public Network Operators. The IUP feature was derived from the standards of the Public Network Operators - Interconnect Signaling Committee (PNO-ISC).
The IUP comprises number of call set up, release, and supervision protocols which provide additional Call Control Procedures. The call setup protocols are used for bearer and call establishment. The call release protocol is used for bearer release. The supervision protocols are used to exchange call status information between networks.”
He added, “GL’s MAPS™ IUP is an advanced protocol simulator used to simulate UK specific SS7 IUP protocol in British Telecom (BT) networks. It is designed to simulate interconnect route between incoming and outgoing networks as defined by the TGS/SPEC/006 and PNO-ISC/INFO/004 specifications.
MAPS™ IUP functionality covers the UK variant of SS7 implementing MTP2, MTP3 protocol standards TDM (T1 E1) transport layer. Ready scripts are available supporting various protocol services including Basic Call Service protocol (IFAM, IAM, ACI, Bearer Establishment), Request Service protocol, Nodal End-to-End Data protocol, Enveloped ISUP Essential Service protocol, and ISDN Call Handling Service protocol.”
Mr. Ramalingam further added, “The MAPS™ IUP supports powerful tools like Message Editor, Script Editor and Profile Editor which allow new scenarios to be created or existing scenarios to be modified using ISUP messages and parameters. It gives the flexibility of modifying any message so that we can easily duplicate the messages generated by any node to resolve interoperability issues.”
- IUP simulation over TDM (T1/E1)
- Multiple T1/E1 line interfaces supported
- Supported procedures - Basic Call Service protocol (IFAM, IAM, ACI, Bearer Establishment), Request Service protocol, Nodal End-to-End Data protocol, Enveloped ISUP Essential Service protocol, and ISDN Call Handling Service protocol
- User-friendly GUI for configuring the SS7 MTP Layers
- User-configurable Signaling Links
- User-configurable Circuit Mapping - Define Circuit Identification Codes (CIC) and map these CICs to Timeslots/Trunks in order to enable Voice/Data traffic
- Supports MTP2 and MTP3 protocol machine
- Multiple MTP links
- Supports client-server functionality through Command Line Interface (CLI) such as the Python, and TCL (requires additional license)
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Provides protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of call flow with time stamp
- Provides call statistics with associated captured events and error events during call simulation
Back to Press Releases Index Page