GL Announces Handheld Analog
Tester - vHandi™
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – August 27, 2013- GL Communications Inc. announced today its vHandi™ - a Portable Handheld FXO Tester.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Robert Bichefsky, Senior Manager for Product Development of the Company said, “GL’s vHandi™ is a compact portable hand-held FXO tester (Foreign Exchange Office) that can simulate an analog phone. It’s call and voice tests can be completely automated or manually performed.
vHandi™ can work with GL’s VQuad™, Voice Quality Test, and WebViewer™ applications to perform centralized voice quality measurements and analysis.”
He explained, “The vHandi™ comprises of:FXO RJ-11 port, Ethernet RJ-45 port, USB mini port . The FXO port on the vHandi™ connects to FXS port to perform call and traffic simulation. The vHandi™ is powered as well as managed via the USB connection. With an internal SD card, vHandi™ can be used as a mass storage device when plugged into the USB port of the PC.
The Ethernet port is a vHandi™ management port and it is used to connect vHandi™ to LAN or a PC for file transfer purposes. Transfer of recorded voice files from the vHandi™ to the remote PC can be completely automated using vHandi™ Listener and scripting.”
- Supports manual and automated operations
- ON hook and OFF hook (loop closure) for place call and answer call
- Loop Current Drop detection (auto disconnect)
- Ring Detection for incoming calls
- Transmit and capture traffic (digits, tones, and voice)
- Energy Detection for path confirmation or auto script synchronization
- Manual/Auto transfer recorded files using Ethernet port
- Speaker provided to hear incoming/outgoing audio from 2-wire established call
- LED indication for the battery charge level for vHandi™
- Generates Call Events, Error Events, and Traffic Events log
- Automate the IVR testing process - call establishment and traffic generation / detection process through scripts
- Perform voice quality measurement as per ITU-T standards - PESQ, PSQM, and PAMS using vHandi™ with Voice Quality Test (VQT) software
- vHandi™ can also work directly with GL’s VQuad™ system, and send/receive voice files over the network
Back to Press Releases Index Page