Press Release: GL Announces Enhanced Handheld Analog Line Tester
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - May 15, 2014 - GL Communications Inc., announced today the release of its enhanced Portable Handheld FXO Tester referred to as vHandi™.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Robert Bichefsky, a Senior Manager for Product Development of the company said, “GL’s vHandi™ is a compact portable hand-held FXO tester (Foreign Exchange Office) that can simulate an analog phone. The call and voice tests on vHandi™ can be completely automated or manually performed. It can work with GL’s VQuad™, Voice Quality Test, and WebViewer™ applications to perform centralized voice quality measurements and analysis.”
He added, “The vHandi™ comprises of - FXO RJ-11 port, Ethernet RJ-45 port, and USB mini port. The FXO port on the vHandi™ connects to an FXS port performing call and traffic simulation. It supports any FXS port including PSTN, ATA or Gateway.”
Mr. Bichefsky further added, “The vHandi™ is powered as well as managed via the USB connection. With an internal SD card, vHandi™ can be used as a mass storage device when plugged into the USB port of the PC. The Ethernet port is used for Management and for connecting vHandi™ to the Central System for voice analysis as well adding events to the Central Database.”
- Supports manual and automated operations
- ON hook and OFF hook (loop closure) for place call and answer call
- Loop Current Drop detection (auto disconnect)
- Ring Detection for incoming calls
- Transmit and capture traffic (digits, tones, and voice)
- Energy Detection for path confirmation or auto script synchronization
- Manual/Auto transfer recorded files using Ethernet port
- Speaker provided to hear incoming/outgoing audio from 2-wire established call
- LED indication for the battery charge level for vHandi™
- Generates Call Events, Error Event and Traffic Events – automatically sent to the Central System
- Automate IVR testing and Quality of Service testing
- Send/Record Voice files to be used in Voice Quality Measurements per ITU-T standards (PESQ, POLQA) using GL Voice Quality Test (VQT) software
- vHandi™ works directly with GL’s VQuadTM solution for sending/recording voice files over the network.
- Full IVR test and analysis
- vHandi™ can be placed anywhere in the network waiting for an incoming call. When an incoming call is detected, vHandi™ will auto answer the call and perform a pre-defined IVR and/or Voice analysis tests prior to disconnecting the call and again waiting for the next incoming call.
Back to Press Releases Index Page