Newsletter: GL's GSM/TRAU Analyzer for
Welcome to the July Issue of GL Communication's Newsletter providing information and insight into the latest product introductions and reviews.
GL announces the addition of TRAU analysis as part of GL's optional GSM Analyzer. The TRAU Anlalyzer is used to view and analyze TRAU frames at the Abis interface (between the BTS and the BSC).
TRAU (Transcoder/Rate Adapter Unit) frames carry voice and control information in a GSM network. The GSM/TRAU Analyzer uses GL's field proven Ultra E1 and Ultra T1 internal cards or the external portable Laptop E1 or Laptop T1 products.
The GSM/TRAU Analyzer when connected to monitor points permits monitoring of TRAU frames in GSM networks. The User can select half rate (HR-8 kbps) or full rate (FR-16 kbps) from the main menu of the TRAU Analyzer GUI to capture
TRAU frames according to the data rate used. TRAU carries speech, data & O&M frames at full rate or half rate. Various codecs such as FR, EFR, AMR, and HR (listed in Table 1 of TRAU Anlalyzer) are used
for compression/decompression of speech. The TRAU frames are decoded as per the specifications GSM 08.60 V 7.2.1 and GSM 08.61 V 7.2.2.
- Operates on WIN 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP operating systems with user friendly GUI
- Uses GL's field proven Ultra E1 or T1 internal cards or Laptop E1 or T1 external products
- Functions in Real Time as well as offline analysis
- Provides Summary Views to display TRAU type
- Displays Detailed View in easy to understand decodes for user-selected frames
- Displays frame synchronization bits, data bits & control bits separately
- Displays Raw Frame Data as hexadecimal and ASCII octet dump
- Records up to capacity of hard disk
- Real-time filter and search on various GSM message types
- Exports detailed information to an ASCII file
- Exports summary information to a comma delimited file for subsequent import into a database or spreadsheet
- Decodes simultaneously, multiple TRAU channels on the same or multiple E1s/T1s
An application note has been provided describing the GL's GSM/TRAU Analyzer in detail. Please review this application note and give us a call if you are interested in
GL's products/software for this or other applications. We would be happy to consult with you on solutions to your testing needs and we look forward to hearing from you.
Back to Latest News Page