Press Release: GL Offers One-Stop Service for Critical SS7 Testing and Analysis
Solutions Save Time, Avoid Errors with Simple to Complex Configurations
Gaithersburg, Md.- February 28, 2002 - GL Communications Inc. today announced the expansion of its solutions for emulation and analysis of networks that utilize Common
Channel Signaling System Number 7, known as SS7. This is especially critical as SS7 becomes the protocol of choice for basic call setup, wireless services, local number portability (LNP),
toll-free and toll wireline services, enhanced call features, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and secure, worldwide telecommunications.
GL Communications is a leading provider of PC-based telecommunications test, analysis and simulation products. It's Digital Central Office Switch Simulator (DCOSS) and Bulk Call
Generator is widely respected and provides a comprehensive, high-quality solution for testing switches, gateways and networks using a variety of signaling protocols.
GL provides the DCOSS SS7 application and recently added the Transaction Capabilities Application Part (TCAP), Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP) layers and Service Control
Point (SCP) look up. This additional flexibility ensures that the DCOSS SS7 will communicate with any SS7 system and allow the user to create the SS7 configuration, quickly and
easily within minutes.
DCOSS can simulate both ends or one end of a complex switching network, such as SS7, with a variety of internal and external traffic generators. Using the DCOSS graphical
user interface, complex switching solutions can easily be configured while providing total voice/data throughput.
GL also provides the SS7 Analyzer (SA), a feature-rich application that runs on both the internal and external platforms of GL's T1/E1 Analyzer and performs SS7 analysis in real
time or off line. The analyzer will tap into the SS7 link and unobtrusively pull the messages as they go back and forth - allowing complete yet transparent analysis. The SS7 Analyzer
displays the full decoding of all SS7 messages, in plain English, as well as a full hexadecimal octet dump of the raw HDLC frame data. Extensive, feature-rich filtering of SS7 messages is also available.
'Despite the extreme complexity of SS7, it is being relied upon more and more as a protocol for VoIP and wireless networks,' said Vijay Kulkarni, president and CTO of GL Communications.
'At GL, we have the experience and training needed to provide the full range of SS7 testing and analysis solutions. We can simplify the planning and oversight of SS7 networks today and meet customers'
requirements for many years to come.'
Easy-to-Use DCOSS SS7
DCOSS SS7 takes the user through a step-by-step configuration process, making it very easy to meet the most simple to the most complex requirements. By utilizing a GUI, the user is provided with easy control over all of the required SS7 parameters.
- offering the advantages of a comprehensive solution, GL provides the switch, handles the load testing, allows easy modification of the SS7 parameters and measures their impact
- TCAP/SCCP functionality is supported, allowing generation of a user-defined SCP database, 800 number or local number portability (LNP) look-up table
- state-of-the-art technology and the large number of screens allows for configurations to meet a variety of parameters and layers
- provides access to all ISDN User Part (ISUP) and Telephone User Part (TUP) message parameters, including Initial Address Message (IAM), Address Complete Message (ACM) and Release Message (REL)
- logging of all SS7 messages in real time
- flexibility to handle protocol conversion during call switching, i.e. protocol 'x' (for example SS7) enters the DCOSS while protocol 'y' (for example ISDN) exits the DCOSS
Feature-Rich SS7 Analyzer
The SA is an optional, feature-rich application running under GL's T1/E1 Analyzer. Users can analyze multi-SS7 links in real time and record all traffic, or filter traffic into trace file for offline analysis.
- simultaneously decodes multiple SS7 links on the same or separate T1/E1
- provides non-obtrusive analysis utilizing GL's T1/E1 analyzers
- summary view displays Message Transfer Part 2(MTP) and MTP3 information and SS7 message types
- detailed view displays easy-to-understand decodes of user-selected frames
- supports national and international variants
About GL Communications Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of rigorous,
For general information on
PC-based test, analysis and simulation equipment to the telecommunications industry. The company offers
a wide range of products and services designed to aid the telecommunications engineer working in a research and development environment.
For more information on
- GL's PC-Based T1/E1/T3 test, analysis and simulation products
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114
Back to Press Releases Index Page