GL, since its inception in 1986, has provided engineering support to a large number of commercial, cellular, transit, and public safety
land mobile radio operators nationwide to obtain FCC licenses. Applications include microwave, cellular/ PCS and Wi-Max.
Our services include:
- FCC applications 601 and exhibits filings on-line at FCC’s Universal Licensing System
- Engineering exhibits and waivers request for justification of spectrum usage
- Narrowband implementation planning of T-band to meet the FCC mandate of 2013
- Frequency planning, coordination, interference studies, analysis and mitigation of conflict resolution as an FCC expert witness for cellular
- Frequency search, coordination, talk-group assignment and traffic analysis for land mobile radio systems
- FCC application parameters to APCO for frequency coordination at on-line site, SpectrumWatch
- Service area boundary contours development using Carey Model R-6406 and TV Model R-6602 propagation curves for 470-512 MHz.
Other frequency bands for radio applications are 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900, MHz, Cellular and PCS bands
- TV station Grade-B contour protection interference analysis
- Wi-Max system design services ranging in both licensed and unlicensed spectrum (700 MHz to 6 GHz) and FCC licensing
support, as applicable
- FCC re-banding of 800 MHz NPSPAC to create a more efficient public safety spectrum
- Microwave path profiles , link budgets, path availability and Prior Coordination
Notice (PCN), coordination with incumbents
- Inter-modulation interference analysis and mitigation services.
- RF propagation prediction
- Frequency relocation to free-up PCS spectrum by moving microwave licensees to other licensed bands including negotiations, analysis,
project management services